Catherine Tate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For anyone that adores the wonderful Catherine Tate.

2 posters

Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations

regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations Empty Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations

Post  regenerator Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm

In time for their up and coming appearance in the 2010 season of Doctor Who, I hereby recommend the following as the best of classic Cyber tales all the way back to 1968!

Yes, my recommendation is: The Invasion. The first UNIT Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart adventure with Patrick Troughton's 2nd Doctor. This was the Cybermen's first attempt to invade modern day Earth. All previous attempts had been set in the future.
    In truth the only other time they came close to invading Earth was 1988's Silver Nemesis (starring Sylvester McCoy) which sadly is still not available as DVD!
    The Invasion is available as a rare 2 disc 8 episode set with the opening and 4th episodes in animation only.
    Companions include Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Herriot. Some consider this the ultimate Cybermen face-off with Troughton's bumbling yet super intelligent Chaplinesque Doctor.

That's it for now folks. Feel free to post your thoughts about any of the Cybermen stories from classic and NuWho! Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations 906245
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations Empty Re: Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations

Post  Noooble Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations 768688 and thanks again! I'll come back sometime later when I am filled with the right amount of episodes.
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations Empty Re: Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations

Post  regenerator Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:02 pm

No harm done. Come back anytime. Classic Cybermen Story Recommendations 553779

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:56 am