Catherine Tate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For anyone that adores the wonderful Catherine Tate.

3 posters

ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE

regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE Empty ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE

Post  regenerator Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I am a recent convert to all things Billie Piper, so I got to ask, does anyone among us actually like the character of Rose Tyler? I am divided between how she was in S1 and then in S2. It seems Rose changed drastically once Tennant took over. I also don't like the way they wrote her out only to bring her back two years later and then end her story so clumsily. But I do think she had potential, and again I love Ms Piper.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE Empty Re: ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE

Post  Noooble Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Oh, I liked her. and I prefer her to Martha. But agree, the ending wasn't the best, thats what happens when they "drag" characters when not supposed to anymore.
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE Empty Re: ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE

Post  regenerator Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:17 pm

In a way, I would have rather they kept Rose on 1 more series instead of bringing in Martha and then go to Donna.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Hmmm, wouldnt be bad. Thought I didnt mind Martha. What I really wish is that they would have kept Donna in one more season!!!
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Me too! David should have done one more full season or just had Donna in the specials, think how different his last episodes could have been.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeaaaahh. One more full season with David and Catherine would have been wonderful. I so hated that they only did the specials that last season. Grrr! Its like a waste of David! lol
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:47 pm

So to topic at hand-what's your favorite ROSE moment?
    I like how she says no one on earth has seen what she has seen (with the Doctor) and then a spaceship zooms right by (Aliens in London). The incredulous look on Nine's face! ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE 581899
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm

*rewinds the film* ... ... ... I liked her witht the "dying" Dalek. And where she met Sarah Jane. Those are ones I can think of now, havent seen most of the epps in ages. I suppose I preffer the funny ones.
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Funny can be good. I also like the scenes with the dying Dalek. Her meeting Sarah Jane was turning into a bitching fest in my humble opinion. And how about her scenes on the Weakest Link? She laughed and laughed before finding out what happens to the losers.

Last edited by regenerator on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Well it wasnt that bad (the meeting)it was bold and simple but anyway. I liked the bits.
    Oh the big Brother ep, I think that one was quite iconic and totally relevant. But I dont remember it fully (been nearly 2 years)
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 pm

At the very least she and Sarah Jane become friends. So she does decide to finally act her age.
    What about her scenes with Cassandra in Episode 2: The End of the World? I loved it.
    AlienGirlSammeh
    AlienGirlSammeh
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  AlienGirlSammeh Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:20 pm

I love the Sara Jane, Dalek dying and weakest link one too XD
    I love the final scene in Dooomsday. It's so sad! I cry everytime. Like, ARGH it's so frustrating how he doesnt get 3 more seconds to say bye... And she'slike, bawling nand awh
    :(
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeh that goodbye scene was really something. I wish it had gone on a little longer so we could have had a full proper goodbye that was more satisfying.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Thats why they did it "short", to make us want more and by so making it "work" even better.

Edit.
    I did some seriously bad grammar there.

Last edited by Noooble on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Crafty people....
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:46 pm

well they better be, otherwise I am going in their places. ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE 372824
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:11 pm

That might not be a bad thing! ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE 581899
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 am

i know... ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE 372824
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:34 pm

ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE 46274
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 pm

ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE 9442

ROSE TYLER AND HER JOURNEY THROUGH TIME AND SPACE 221569 (never used this smiley). Shit, I am going bonkers here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:48 pm