Catherine Tate

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For anyone that adores the wonderful Catherine Tate.

3 posters

Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team

regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team Empty Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team

Post  regenerator Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:59 pm

I want a grandpa like Wilf!
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team Empty Re: Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team

Post  Noooble Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 am

Oh yeah, me too! He is just amazing and everything a grandad should be.
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team Empty Re: Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team

Post  regenerator Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 pm

I never knew either of my granddads in this life, they both died before I was born.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Quite the same with me. With one we had bad family relationships and now he is dead. The other one I never even knew, think he is dead too.

Last edited by Noooble on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Sad isn't it but at least we can drown our sorrows in a good old fashioned heaping of Grandpa Wilf!
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:08 pm

True! And some say TV isnt good, well at least you can see grandpas there. Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team 991299
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Yeah I love it! :LMAO: Grandpas can be heroes too! Thanks to this wonderful world called Dr Who for showing us this.
    He was brilliant in every appearance. I personally love his singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" in Turn Left. And his crazy dancing in both Partners in Crime and The End of Time Part One.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah. Doctor Who is one "open" show.
    And he is wonderful in the End of Time part 2. Some very tauching moments.
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 am

The bit where he begs the Doctor not to sacrifice himself for him moved me. The bit right after when the Doctor says "It's my honor" almost had me in tears.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Oh yes! But it was also flustrating, cause Doctor had to die because of this "mistake", just something little, that could have been avoided...sort off. Then again its more original and touching.
    AlienGirlSammeh
    AlienGirlSammeh
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  AlienGirlSammeh Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:53 pm

regenerator wrote:The bit where he begs the Doctor not to sacrifice himself for him moved me. The bit right after when the Doctor says "It's my honor" almost had me in tears.

It had me in tears.. LOL
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 am

Yeah I can totally understand that! Say what you will, The End of Time was big on emotional moments like that one. I think it outdoes Tom Baker or Peter Davison's farewells, and Davison's regeneration was to save one person, too. Tennant went out on a high note. I so cannot wait until the new season starts over here!
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 am

I have only seen the Eccleston one so I cant compare much, but yeah I am glad they made it as "teary" as possible. Even though I felt like the "waiting for death" was a bit over the top, cause as far as I understand the regeneration was never seen as death before. However I am glad they did it like that cause for me it was death - 10th Doctor's death and they could never make it too sad or dramatic.
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Regeneration has been dramatised differently through the years but it has been implied before that it can be viewed as death by the incarnation in question. Jon Pertwee's Doctor and Tom Baker's notably were played as death and resurrection in the classic series, and Sylvester McCoy's in the Virgin New Adventures, now sadly out of print.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:56 am

oh! Its good then. Glad it wasnt just with the 10th then.
    I suppose I'll have to prepare DW questions for you! I feel sort of out of dept with DW history. lol
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey no worries, I can probably answer loads of stuff you might want to ask, or at least get you in the right direction. I have been into Dr Who since 1982!!!! Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team 963380
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Good! Well, I was wondering - has DW been generally more "cultural differencies" oriented - different species have a conflict (sort of Star Trek style) or was it more action, like "saving the world from Daleks" thing?

And btw, if you been into DW since the early 80s may I ask - how old are you? Great to have someone older here!
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Dr Who was more about an eccentric alien adventurer going through time and space combatting all manner of enemies: Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, Ice Warriors, Davros and the Master to name just a few of the more famous recurring ones. Along the way he shared his travels with human and non human companions but never got too emotionally involved with them. Beyond being a grandfather-uncle type of mentor for most of his incarnations, he was always unattached to his companions especially when compared to the new series Doctors.

I am 33 1/2 thanks for asking! I feel every year of my age too!
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Interesting...overall it does sound different from the new series, especially "non human companions", I would never guess that!
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:13 am

Yep the following companions (in order of Doctor) were not from Earth.

Susan (1st Dr)
    Leela (4th Dr)
    Romana (both regenerations)(4th Dr)
    Adric (4th-5th Drs)
    Nyssa (4th-5th Drs)
    Vislor Turlough (5th Dr)

Others were from earth but from the past or future and not present day.
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Oh, cool! Didnt expect that.
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeh the alien companions were most notorious during the 4th Dr era as he was the Doctor who most cut ties with earth and flew to the corners of the universe to explore.

any more questions?
    Noooble
    Noooble
    How Very Dare You!
    How Very Dare You!

Post  Noooble Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Not YET, but thanks! Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team 249251
    regenerator
    regenerator
    Am I Bovvered?
    Am I Bovvered?

Post  regenerator Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Your certainly welcome Noooble! Noble and Mott: The Ultimate Granddaughter-Grandfather Team 553779 Like I said if I don't know the answer to something I can either find out or send you off in the right direction.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 am